Subject: [Leica] Summaron 35/3.5 lens with specs for M3
From: "Paul Bolam" <Paul@bolam67.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 17:17:15 +0100

Anyone know an easy way of removing the specs from this lens?

I use it on an M3 and have found that the specs are a bit unnecessary as the
M3 viewfinder is already pretty close to a 35mm angle of view (well, good
enough for my purposes).

So, in an attempt to minimise weight and bulk, I unscrewed the retaining bar
on the lens and tried to pull off the specs. Unfortunately, the specs
decided that they preferred to stay attached to the lens and I gave it up as
a bad job.

The specs may have won the first round but I ain't giving up!

Thanks,
Paul.