Subject: [Leica] anyone using 24mm
From: "Barry Dinan" <hawkeyecreative@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 11:26:46 IST

To anyone using 24mm for your M6:

I'm wondering if you have ever experienced a problem with composition that
compares to one I have recently experienced?
I recently composed a shot in the cabin of a small fishing boat.  I framed
the shot using the clip on viewfinder.  The skipper was in the foreground
looking through the cabin window.  Through the window was another boat which
I centered up in the window which the skipper was looking through.
However, when the contacts were developed I found to my surprise that the
boat seen through the window in the background was not centered in the
window as I had composed it.  The boat was in fact mostly blocked out by the
skipper who was in the foreground.
i.e. I seem to have experienced a problem when composing with the 24mm on
the new M6 ttl.  What's in the clip on viewfinder is not always what's on
the neg!  I'm quite worried about this and I will be running some tests on
this.  It seems that the foreground can eclipse the background.......  I
should add that the camera was also held 'sideways' for this shot.

Barry Dinan