Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Nikon S3
From: Mikiro <arbos@silva.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 11:29:19 +0200

on 16/8/00 7:32 AM, Ken Iisaka at ken@iisaka.org wrote:

>> Thirdly, 2000 sounds like a reasonable number of cameras to be
> made from
>> spare parts. I just don't see Nikon retooling for a rangefinder
> camera.
>
> That's exactly what Nikon did.

As far as I know, S3 is now made by young technicians at Nikon Mito Factory.
None of them knew how to make parts and assemble them. All what they had was
old drafts. Retired technicians delightedly helped them "with their own
lunch boxes" (a Japanese way of saying -without being paid-).  Nikon refuses
to repair original S3 with the new parts.

Cheers,

MIKIRO
http://arbos.silva.net