Subject: Re: [Leica] Happy, happy, happy
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 19:15:44 -0700

Jlaird@aol.com wrote:

> I picked up my brand new 90mm APO at my local photo store today (god bless
> them, I almost kissed the lot) and all I can say is it's a damn WORK OF ART!
> It's so beautiful and elegant and pristine and... Trouble is I'm almost
> afraid to go outside with it. What if I scratch it or (gasp) drop it or
> something? I'm sure you're all familiar with this syndrome. Will it pass?<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Jim,

It's like a new car and keeping as far away from every other car for
fear of a ding.  You go to the mall and park in the section that can
hold a thousand cars as it's completely empty and you park right in the
middle. :-)

Only to come out and find some guy parked right beside you and given you
the mall door ding!  After that it doesn't matter, you're out there
ripping through the traffic like everyone else, damn the torpedoes,
pedal to the metal!  ;-)

Now you have that very nice lens and you're going to mother that baby to
the point you'll be looking for finger prints, the tiniest bit of dust,
worry worry worry etc.!  And you know what?  It's not going to do you
one damn bit of good, as sooner or later you'll ding it some how and all
that worrying and care will go right out the window!  You'll settle down
and make real use of the lens and find it works extremely well without
all the worry stuff.

Save all that twitchy caution, just put the damn thing on the camera,
get yer ass out the door and make use of it! ;-)  All will pass if you
forget about it and take great photos with it as it was made for!
ted