Subject: Re: [Leica] LUG rules
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 13:45:21 -0700

Joe Codispoti wrote:

> From: "George Lottermoser" <imagist@concentric.net>
>
> > And so, if a lug aquaintence lets the lug list know that s/he is
> > looking to buy lens "a" and/or body "b", will we consider it in
> > bad taste to let our friend know that we saw one or the other on
> > ebay (not our listing of course, don't know who the seller is,
> > never met 'm)? Or do we not help he/r out because auctions bring
> > out the worst in folks?
> >
> > I don't get it.
> >
> > George
>
> Of course it will not be considered in bad taste.
> There is a difference between advising and advertising .
>
> Joe

My guess that if someone said:
"Someone is selling this solid gold queen Elizabeth lens cap on Ebay and I also
saw one at the camera store down the street!" That's pretty vague! But once you
start putting down the url's to click on then you've obviously gone to far.
That's my interpretation of the law!  how much things need to be clarified
remains to be seen
Mark Rabiner
:)

"Please do not use the LUG to publicize activities at public commerce
 sites such as eBay. We all know how to look there if we are interested,
 and if we are not interested, we don't want to read about it here. If
 you are a shopkeeper or a manufacturer and you believe that your wares
 are of value to the LUG members, you may from time to time remind us of
 the existence of your business."

Brian Reid"

Message from "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net> (Re: [Leica] LUG rules)