Subject: RE: [Leica] LUG rules
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 12:25:33 -0400

Behalf Of Ebert
> Steele

> Subject: Re: [Leica] LUG rules

> I can't figure out which way you want it? If you post it on eBay first
> its "unfriendly and selfish," if you post it on the LUG first its the
> "worst in human behavior."

Boy...I've seen things misinterpreted before, but what you've done to Dan's
post looks like it came out of a pretzel factory.

Clearly, Dan was not saying that listing something on the LUG, saying that
you are listing it BEFORE you put it up on Ebay, is in any way uncivil. He
was saying that Ebay brings out the worst in people.

Further, this thread has NOT had anything to do with whether it is right or
wrong to list things on Ebay - what it has been about is weather it is right
or wrong to use the LUG to advertise that you are selling something to the
highest bidder on Ebay.

The LUG is NOT an auction site. It is, as Dan has said, a  mailing list made
up of people with a common interest in things Leica, who use the list to
share information and camaraderie. Among the things the list features is an
agreement that on Friday's, LUGers may offer items for sale to one another -
NOT use the LUG to pump up auctions on other sites. Certainly no one is
under any kind of obligation to offer anything for sale on the LUG, or when
offering anything for sale, to give LUGers some sort of price break. But if
one wants to offer an item for sale on the LUG, offer it for sale - don't
put it up for sale in an Ebay auction and do your advertising here.

B. D.

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] LUG rules)