Subject: RE: [Leica] CONDEMN Ebay? M6 FOR SALE
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 10:33:18 -0600

> I believe that if it's the lists policy to not post Internet auction
> listings here, then people shouldn't.  What's the ruling on that?

The lug is a benign dictatorship (sorry Brian :) ) - there are very few
rules and little or no policy. The list owner only steps-in in extreme
circumstances. Policy is often decided by those who shout loudest and
longest, or alternatively, by being ignored by the largest number of
luggers. The latter usually works best, though have you ever seen a lugger
who can restrain themselves from commenting on any matter, however little
they know about it - myself included  ;-)

eg, it is generally agreed to post fs items on Fridays. Most people keep to
this (because it actually works well), but people can post any time, and
fairly frequently do (though usually including an apology, along with some
tall tale about having to post on Monday, because this is an "emergency"
sale!). And the definition of exactly when "friday" starts is pretty loose
(something to do with the international dateline and the phases of the
moon...)

Tim A