Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: EU/German Custom
From: Pascal <cyberdog@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 12:12:41 +0200

On 10-08-2000 10:38 Gabriele Müller wrote:

> If
>companies such as DHL, Fedex etc are used, they will also charge an
>administration fee for clearing the item through customs. In the UK it's
>about £10.

I have always refused to pay for such "administration fee" often called a
"prefinancement fee" because they prepay the custom duties and VAT, and
bill you subsequently. Why should I pay for their "service" without me
having asked for them to prepay?

Pascal
no archive

See my photo pages at http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace