Subject: [Leica] multiple bodies...
From: "Birkey, Duane" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 16:22:01 -0500

My last trip, which was for 7 days in-the-middle of nowhere... was 4 bodies
and 10 lenses.  I would have liked to have had 2 more bodies for work and a
3rd for some personal B&W..

I use 100 and 400 color neg and color slide film...  For photographing a
mobile medical clinic, some rooms have enough light; some are as dark as all
get-out....  I'm shooting in both situations all throughout the day so
switching films is pointless.   And I won't shoot anything on 400 ASA film
unless I have no other choice.

I spend way too much time changing lenses and it would have been nice to
have had two cameras with the same film in them... but then again..  I can
only carry so much gear.

I've had enough stuff not work when it should have to always bring 2 of
anything that is indespensible.  I also try to pack two seperate bags of
camera gear so in case one gets stolen somewhere along the way.... I have a
workable kit in the other along with enough of each type of film and
batteries etc.

Duane Birkey
HCJB World Radio
Quito Ecuador