Subject: Re: [Leica] Performers and flare - DR. BLACKTAPE AWAKENS
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 13:06:55 EDT

In a message dated 8/8/00 6:48:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time, doug@nualumni.com
writes:

<< the popularity of over-saturated color films like E100VS and Velvia is
probably due to the coincident popularity of lenses which do not control
flare as well as the current Leica lenses.   >>

I agree.  Particularly, zooms and poorly designed teles are candidates.
Interestingly, if I remember correctly, Erwin found Kodak Elite EC to be the
most satisfactory film he tested with one of the latest and finet Leica
zooms.  It was either the  70-180 APO or 35-70/2.8 Aspheric.

Joe Sobel