Subject: Re: [Leica] U.S. Customs
From: "Bob Walkden" <bobwalkden@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 23:10:47 BST

Hi,

I have. I always get searched wherever I go, even across the little border
between France and Spain at Hendaya. I must look like a drug dealer.

First time I went to the US I was with a Bangladeshi woman, landing in
Charlotte, NC. They went through all our bags, including my camera bags, and
were most intrigued when they found a tub full of suspect brown powder in
one of them. It took a considerable length of time to convince them that it
was my gf's special blend of curry powder.

When they'd finished they very politely said goodbye and 'Thanks for
supporting American agriculture' ?!

Cheers,

Bob