Subject: Re: [Leica] Shadow boxing
From: John Brownlow <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 16:52:07 -0400

on 7/8/00 4:30 pm, B. D. Colen at bdcolen@earthlink.net wrote:

> Well, JD, the numbers make sense...but....Why do I keep thinking that being
> told you should want flare in a lens because it's a "good think" is a bit
> like being told that you want a dishwasher that leaks because then you can
> use the same water to wash the dishes and the kitchen floor? :-)

Hey, BD, where can I get one?

Seriously, I think that trying to sift out this effect among all the other
differences between coated/uncoated/asph/preasph designs is a total waste of
time. Suffice to say I'm no enemy of flare in the right circumstances, any
more than I am of grain or blur, especially when its suppression is at the
cost of other desirable parameters... BUT... I wouldn't trade in my asph lux
for a leaky dishwasher!!
- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com