Subject: Re: Vs: [Leica] 50mm lens
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 15:52:00 EDT

In a message dated 8/7/00 12:06:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
raimo.korhonen@pp2.inet.fi writes:

<< I have never heard that there is a separate M series of lenses. >>

You have heard it now!  At least in the U.S., the latest Summicron, Summilux,
Elmarit and Noctilux models are officially suffixed with the designation
"-M", as clearly shown in the cited source and others.
However, I am pleased to tell you that you are right about your 1982
Summicron-M.  It should be clearly so marked, as is, as it turns out, my own
1980 model.
This means, of course, that the one our LUGer is considering is also a
Summicron-M.  Mr. Sartorius is most definitely remiss (see p. 83).  Next time
I quote a book I will do what the reporters do and first check the original
source!

Joe Sobel