Subject: Re: [Leica] Millenium 888
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 12:14:54 -0700

At 10:57 AM -0400 8/7/00, M.E.Berube - GoodPhotos wrote:
>At 11:26 PM 8/7/00 +1000, you wrote:
>>The number eight is auspicious in Chinese culture as it means 'prosperity'.
>>The number 3 means 'long life'.......
>
>Just think....Spock could have just saved a whole bunch of time and said "3
>& 8" instead of "Live long and Prosper."
>Carpe Luminem,
>Michael

The following is what I've been told by Lee Yan Zhan, a Singapore Leica
user (sorry Lee, if I got some of it wrong!):

1 - Everyday, daily
2 - Easy
3 - Life, Long life
4 - Death
5 - Never
6 - Luck, Happiness
7 - Gone, vanish
8 - Wealth, prosperity
9 - Forever, continuing
0 - Karma, fate

The reason Lee went into the details is that he checked all my Leica lenses
and saw that I had one numbered 3636888. After telling me about the meaning
of the numbers, I think I should hang on to that lens. If I don't, Lee said
he would give me a good price for it ;-).

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com

Replies: Reply from Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net> (Re: [Leica] Millenium 888)