Subject: Re: [Leica] flare in shadows
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 10:48:05 -0700

Edward Meyers wrote:

> Sorry Ralph, I'll vote for Bruce Davidson's photography
> over yours. He has prints to show, not test charts.
> Best, Ed

Bruce Davidson is a great photographer who no one wants to get compared to.

But this idea of using low contrast optics as if they increased film speed was a
cult trend of its time.

I'm sure Bruce lived to go past that concept and learn to do more with snappier lenses.
Mark Rabiner

Replies: Reply from chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson) (Re: [Leica] flare in shadows)