Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Developing in the field
From: Shel Belinkoff <belinkoff@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2000 19:22:05 -0700

Tina Manley wrote:

> I agree!  Most of my photos are made "in the field", but I would never
> dream of developing film there.  A Jobo and a dust-free drying cabinet are
> essential for the best possible negatives.  Just trying to dry film in the
> field would be a nightmare.  If it's not an emergency, bring the film back
> home and do it right.

Hi Tina...

I'm not going to negate your experience.  We've been to the same and
similar places, and I know and understand the conditions in which you
work.  However,  this is something I must try, and from what I gather,
from messages on this  list and on other lists to which I subscribe,
it can be done.  If I fail at it, it's no  big deal - I won't be
processing any important photos at first, and it's just possible that
I may succeed.  Heck, Weegee used to process his film in the trunk of
his car <g>.

You say that a Jobo is essential to for the best possible negatives.
Which Jobo is that?  Are you  talking about the expensive electric one
that continually rotates the drum?

- --
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:belinkoff@earthlink.net