Subject: Re: [Leica] Summicrons, M and others
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2000 20:04:02 -0600

Most new M lenses have -M after their nominal maximum aperture name. Most
older M lenses do not. The latest 50/2 apparently does while the previous
version of the 50/2, same optics and different mount, does not. Big deal. It
means absolutely nothing; or, perhaps even less than that. Best to check
with B.D. :-)

John Collier