Subject: [Leica] Re: Developing in the field
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 21:10:37 -0400

Shel,
    The best advice anyone can give you is DON'T DO IT!!!
    All the advice about developers, etc. can't solve two problems...
    One, the developing kit will gain weight in your pack.
    Two, since you are camping, I assume this mean NO electricity, which
means air drying the film outdoors, which means dust and dirt all over the
negatives.
    In the long run you will be disappointed.
    I know it sounds like fun, mixing developer in water heated by a fire,
washing film in a creek (at about 40 degrees). The griz arriving in camp
just as you have the film wound halfway on the reel. It's all great fun.
    But, if you want pictures, take Gary's advice... carry more film
instead.
Happy Snaps,
Sal

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> ([Leica] Re: Re: Developing in the field)