Subject: Re: [Leica] 50mm lens
From: Shel Belinkoff <belinkoff@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2000 14:03:47 -0700

Donald McConnell wrote:

> I have found a Summicron - M 50mm lens for sale in near mint to mint
> condition.  However the serial # 3501960 seems a little old to me.  Can
> anyone tell me if this lens is in the series just before the present day
> 50mm with the built-in hood and the approximate date of manufacture. Any
> information you may share with me will be greatly appreciated.

Hi, Don ...

I think you'll find your answers at this site:

http://www.cameraquest.com/mlenses.htm

My  'cron is the 5th version, 11819, with SN 35024xx

My guess is that the one you're looking at is the earlier version,
11817.
If the lens has no focusing  lever and doesn't have the number 50 on
the barrel, that's what you're looking at.
- --
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:belinkoff@earthlink.net