Subject: Re: [Leica] "notoriously crappy" lens
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 12:30:57 EDT

aghalide@panix.com writes:

<< To tighten the collapsible lenses you just stick a
 small screwderiver between the slits in the brass
 locking parts of the end of the lens tube. This tightens
 the mount holding the elements. I've done it. You do
 a little at a time. Scared? Sure. It works for my
 Summitar.Ed >>

Even better.  This is Leica photography as I know and love it.  It includes a
little tinkering now and again!  At least now I know I am not the only one
using a Summitar...

Joe Sobel

Joe Sobel