Subject: [Leica] Pop March 1987...
From: "Duane Birkey" <dbirkey@uio.telconet.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 20:00:25 -0500

According to the article Bob still had an M-3 #1071082 with 50 Elmar f/3.5
and 50 Summicron f/2.....

He said as Raimo quoted that he sold most of his Leica collection in 1967.

The article was called Practical Classics....  He lists the 6 vintage 35mm
cameras he most enjoys using.  And they are pictured in the following
order... Retina IIc, Contax IIa, Exakta VX-IIa, Pentax S1a, Canon IV-S2 and
Leica M-3.

In the text they noted:  "The Leica M-3, which was made from 1954 to 1967,
is the uncrowned king of 35mm cameras and the goal of nearly every
collector.  But we almost excluded the M-3 because of the fact that really
clean bodies in reasonably decent condition are priced at $500 and beyond."

Being a photographer/user/collecter...  this is one issue of Pop Photography
that is in my bookcase as opposed to my office.  As the owner of several of
these cameras and really wanting the others.... I do have to agree that he
had pretty good taste.

Duane Birkey

Duane's Photographs of Ecuador
http://duane_birkey.tripod.com