Subject: Re: [Leica] 1234567
From: "WILLIAM BUTZ" <WILLIAMBUTZ@prodigy.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 09:36:50 -0700

Hi Sal
     I have a somewhat unusual Leica MDa, SN 1159671. It came on a Leica
Kavar with a second Leitz adapter with a clamp coupling. Maybe for an
Otholux microscope . The camera has the special writing baseplate.
    The thing that is unusual about the camera is that the shutter has been
modified so that when it is cocked the shutter is open and when released the
shutter closes. There is no evidence of this outside the camera. The gears
are all intact. I think it maybe was for a Micro-strobe setup. It came out
of Anaheim Ca. likely a Aerospace application. I wondered if you, or anyone
else  had ever heard about such a modification. I am planning to send it to
DAG for conversion back to standard. Regards Bill