Subject: Re: [Leica] Dr. Strangelens, (Unwarranted comments)
From: P2CON@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 20:27:13 EDT

Matt Barker writes in response to Mark R's post re: Matt's lens comparison:

<< BIG SNIP >>
<< Anyone else who wants to look at horrible pictures taken with a notoriously
 crappy Leitz lens and a modern _consumer_ (horrors! it hardly cost
 anything!) Japanese lens better hurry; it's coming down as soon as I can get
 to my other computer, so as not to irritate further the Leica cognoscenti.

 Matt Barker >>

Matt, --- Please excuse Mark and B.D. for their unthinking remarks about your
"lens test" of the 50 Collapsible Cron. and the Nocton. Both of these
gentlemen sometimes say things that would be better left unsaid. They are not
representative of the LUG, only a miniscule part of it. Most of us test
lenses just the way you did, by shooting the same or similar subjects and
looking at the differences. I thank God every morning, that I am of voting
age so that I can cancel B.D.'s vote on just about every subject there is.
Mark has never owned a 50mm Collapsible Summicron to my knowledge, so what is
the value of his opinion on that subject?

I enjoyed looking at your first shots, if not for the test then certainly to
see what a delightful family you have. Welcome to the LUG, and regards, --
Paul Connet

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Dr. Strangelens, (Unwarranted comments))