Subject: [Leica] Re: [ Leica]Dr strangelems or..
From: ralph fuerbringer <rof@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 19:24:58 -0400

from what i emailed today people are inferring that bob schwallberg
championed the collapible lens over the rigid, kretchtz@aol in particular.
 quotes from what i wrote:
 a. bob schwallberg did nothing without a reason.
 b.his measurements convinced him to leave a new lens extended to guarantee
- -     the lasting precision he demanded.
 c.long before this test i discussed with bob why zeiss stopped making a
collapsible 50mf2 sonnar:to garantee precision.
 herewith from post to mr misunderstanding kretchtz@aol.com himself
 d.i suspect bob like most of us would prefer collapsible for
      packing,carrying,pocketing (see mae west comment] if he was sure the
      stability and precision would be indefinitely the same as rigid.(note
       his thousands of test opening and closings detailed earlier proved
otherwise]
 e.he liked to be sure about anything leitz he might be asked about.
 f .he loved to compile statistics and divulge his findings.
 g.he had no use for aps.
         from the above how could a photographer who reads english trumpet
repeatedly on the list that bob schwallberg preferred collapsible to rigid.
ralph