Subject: Re: [Leica] Street people who own Leicas
From: "Craig Roberts" <croberts@zoomtel.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 11:55:18 -0400

"What is all this Street Photography stuff doing on the LUG in the first
place? There is a very good street photography list..."  - B.D.

Yeah, but the Street Photography group is, like, really weird, yknow?  You
wouldn't wanna go there.  They'll, like, rattle on for days about, like,
whether or not it's, like, ethical to take a picture of, like, a homeless
orphan dude.  We, on the other hand, are much more intellectual an' stuff.
We talk about, like, camera straps, y'know?  So, I think we should share our
wisdom with theses dudes, y'know, without getting really involved with them.

Besides, there are those who beleive that street photography is the Leica's
raison d'etre -- which is why a lot of the SP folks are on this list, too.

Personally, I like to shoot all kinds of things with my Leica - landscapes,
scenics, still life, planes, trains, automobiles...and people...so I find
the occasional discussion of street photography and their Leica-equipped
practitioners as appropriate as any other topic.

Craig
Boston