Subject: [Leica] leica rumor mill
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 00:38:40 EDT

I have heard from a semi-reliable Leica "mole" in Europe that amongst other
products we will see these two at Photokina this September. The first is not
too much of a surprise, but the second I believe is...

#1: A "Leica M6 TTL WM .58" - finder wide enough for 24mm. The "WM" is my
name for it, not from my source, for "wide magnification." I'm pretty sure it
won't be called that in the long run. <g> The .58 finder is the "actual"
rumor...

#2: a limited edition of 4000 units of a "Null Series Leica." That is a screw
mount body that Leica made between 30-34 depending on which book you read. I
believe it was the first commercial product made by Leica and thus a suitable
millennium product... for the 2001 millennium croud that is.

I'm waiting for a confirmation that this will be a working camera, not just
an "attrape" for dealer display...but that is the first indication. The
finish, chrome and leather, and the price in the $2500 range...with a new
collapsible 50f2.0 Summicron.

None of these rumors are anything more than just that...rumors...but quite
fun despite their specious status. I guess we will know all too soon...

later,
Rich