Subject: Re: [Leica] strap eyelets
From: CapsTeeth@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 17:13:27 EDT

cwsat@cyberhighway.net writes:

<< I sent my M3 off for a CLA and found a problem they should have corrected
at the
 time of the CLA. I e mailed  Brenda, explained the problem , in detail using
the
 nomenclature in the IB. She waited a  l o n g  time to respond, said she did
 understand what I was talking about. I e mailed her again, many months ago
and I
 have never heard from her. I just forgot about it and began to use the
camera. It
 was minor anyway but........ >>

I only sent a Leica back to Leica USA once, while it was under Passport
warranty.  because the 1/8 second speed stopped working.  It came back and
sounded ok, but I brought the camera to a local repair shop where I know the
owner, and he put it on his fancy Shutter Tester and it was more like 1/6,
whereas my other Leicas that were overhauled by Don G. or Sherry were within
a few milliseconds of the marked speeds (i.e. as good as that kind of shutter
gets).  Leica USA's service is the reason I'm ambivalent about buying
"official USA" Leica equipment.