Subject: Re: [Leica] Would Ansel Adams shoot Leica
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 11:43:49 -0700

"M.E.Berube - GoodPhotos" wrote:

> Adams did shoot with 35mm cameras. Most of the people shots that he did
> were shot with a Contax II and Tessars, but in his book "The Camera" under
> small format he has pictured an M4-2 and plugs Leica repeatedly. In "An
> Ansel Adams Guide: Basic Techniques of Photography" (John P. Schaefer)
> Adams is quoted as saying "In general, I favor a tripod-mounted veiw camera
> for static subjects that invite contemplation--or a small hand-held camera
> for 'the decisive moment'."
>
><Snip>
In his book "Examples" he as not one but TWO shots in it done with 35mm" But
both were Contax I think. This is one of the most inspiring books I've ever read
on photography right under the daybooks of Edward Weston.
Mark Rabiner

Message from "M.E.Berube - GoodPhotos" <meb@goodphotos.com> (Re: [Leica] Would Ansel Adams shoot Leica)