Subject: Re: [Leica] new R lens on SL2
From: Doug Herr <telyt560@cswebmail.com>
Date: 2 Aug 2000 08:27:01 -0700

On Wed, 02 August 2000, Javad Fatemi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> does anyone know if the newer R lens with ROM and electric contacts can
> be used on SL and SL2 without any lens' modifications?
>

> Regards

> Javad Fatemi

Javad,

The ROM contacts and functions must be removed and the Leicaflex metering cams should be installed before ROM lenses can be used on any Leicaflex model.  I suspect the bayonet ring would have to be changed too.

Doug Herr
Sacramento
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!