Subject: RE: [Leica] Canadian Leica Service
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 12:58:40 -0700

>From: Mark Langer [mailto:mlanger@ccs.carleton.ca]

>Linden Photo on Talbot St. in London, Ont. (a 2 hr. drive from
>Toronto) is
>also a very good source of vintage Leica equipment.  I believe that the
>store is also an authorised dealer.  Try to get there on Mondays or
>Saturdays, which are the only days that Gerhardt, the semi-retired
>proprietor, is there.

My God, someone else who knows Linden Photo and Gerhardt.  I dealt
exclusively with Linden's throughout my pro days in London in the '70s.  A
very good store, back then run by Gerhardt and his brother Helmut.  They
used to fight in front of the customers like an old married couple.  Got my
first M4 and three Summicrons from them, along with all my Hassy, Pentax,
lighting and darkroom gear.  They kindly extended me waaay too much credit
:-)  Ahh, the halcyon days of youth.

Great store, great people.  Thanks for the reminder.

Paul