Subject: Re: [Leica] 50mm Summilux or Summicron for M3
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 18:44:30 +0200

Bob,

Take a look at:

http://www.imx.nl/photosite/leica/m/lenses/pages/choices.html

In Erwin's words, the Summilux is "one of the best second-hand buys." I used to
have one and found absolutely no mechanical or optical flaws with it. The only
thing I did not like was that it focused only down to 1 meter, but the new
version may focus down to 70 cm, I am not sure.

I sold mine because I acquired a Noctilux and so found that having both a
Summilux and a Nocti was a bit too much overlap. Instead I now use a Summicron
as my everyday 50mm and the Noctilux when the light requires it. But if I could
have only one 50mm lens, it would definitely be the Summilux.

Nathan