Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: GR1 erection(was: Street photography)
From: "Bob Walkden" <bobwalkden@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 11:12:49 BST

Hi,

no. The GR-1 is considerably more than your average p&s. You can use
aperture-priority on it, you can do hyperfocal point focusing, and you can
control the flash in relatively sophisticated ways not just on/off.

My problem with it (I've had one for a couple of years) is the shutter lag
time and its lack of reliability. The motor on mine developed a strange
wheezing, asthmatic sort of noise and I noticed only this weekend a bit of
the cover had broken off by the battery compartment latch, which means the
batteries cover is now half-open all the time, so basically it's buggered.

btw, I'm not very impressed by the size of your erection! :o)

Cheers,

Bob