Subject: Re: [Leica] The Concorde Pictures
From: ralph fuerbringer <rof@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 01:49:00 -0400

an amateur's leica with a rapid winder took perhaps the all time scoop shot.
the honeymoon bridge at niagara falls had started to sway and twist
horribly. everyone knew it would snap but when? after days of waiting it
seemed to calm down on a sunday and so all of the photographers,
ap,up,buffalo,toronoto etc decided to go have a beer. all of them, no body
stayed. a tourist put the camera to his eye and snap-the bridge did exactly
that.  with the winder he got off several shots.  seeing no photographers
around he called the buffalo evening news. oh we have three photographers
there but you can leave your no. two seconds later the phone rang. they
picked up the film and the next morning  his shots with the leica w/rapid
winder were front page everywhere. nobody died there but forty pros got
ooped by an amateur at a time the leica was not considered newpaper
worthy.ralph