Subject: Re: [Leica] Street photography
From: John Brownlow <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 19:02:20 -0400

on 31/7/00 6:39 pm, Ted Grant at tedgrant@home.com wrote:

>> quite so nice. came up to me *pretending* to be a plain clothes policeman
>> and demanded to know what I was doing.<<<<<<<<
>
> And Johnny boy,   Just what did you tell him to do? ;-)
> ted

It was a bizarre conversation. He kept saying 'I'm a plain clothes
policeman' and I kept saying 'No, you're not'. He asked for my ID - I told
him I didn't need any - and I asked for his. He reached into his back pocket
very confidently and fished out... an empty cigarette packet. At this point
I think he realised the game was up, and he apologised. I told him he didn't
have to (because I thought the whole thing was funny and in any case I think
people have a right to ask me what I'm doing, even if they are pretending to
be a policeman). But he apologised anyway. At one point I thought he was
going to get nasty. The whole thing started because I was photographing some
kids in a bus stop and I think he thought I was a paedo or something. I told
him I photographed everyone, not just kids, and that seemed to take him off
the boil.

- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com