Subject: Re: [Leica] M4-2
From: CapsTeeth@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 10:27:37 EDT

In a message dated 7/31/00 8:08:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mimesis@btinternet.com writes:

<< Can anyone tell me why the M4-2 is often reviled? I've just had a chance to
 take my recentlyCLA'd M4-2 out and I love it - I much prefer to my M6. The
 shutter release is so much more positive and need so little travel. With a
 softie it is perfect. The M6 feels slacker for some reason. OTO at least I
 could get a backup fairly cheaply!

 Julian >>

I had an M4-2 for many years and it functioned as any other M.  My M4 and M2
feel even smoother in operation, but the function is the same.  Eyes closed I
couldn't feel any mechanical workings difference between M4-2 and M6.  All
told, I prefer M6, because of the meter.

Replies: Reply from Bill Satterfield <cwsat@cyberhighway.net> (Re: [Leica] M4-2)