Subject: [Leica] FS: Konica Hexar RF set (new)
From: Marcus Hanke <marcus.hanke@sbg.ac.at>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 15:37:53 +0200

Sorry to bother you with this post, but it is not off-topic, since the new
Konica rangefinder might be an interesting automatic addition to any
existing M-system. My short entry into the world of rangefinders brought me
to the conclusion that I should stay with my SLR, instead of investing into
a complete system besides the SLR, so I would like to sell the rangefinder
again.

As you know, the Konica is compatible with the Leitz M-mount and accepts all
Leitz M-lenses, even the handling is very similar to the M6, for instance
the lever on the left side which allows to switch to another frame couple in
the viewfinder in order to assess the the framing with other lenses.
Additionally you get automatic exposure with memory lock, manual mode, a
quick shutter (1/4000 sec) and an integrated winder, which makes the camera
noisier than the M, but still one of the most discrete cameras on the
market. Quality of the finish is extremely good, not entirely up to the
Leica standards, though, but not far beyond.

The set comes in a valuable and beautiful velvet-padded box and consists of
the Hexar RF body, strap, batteries, the M-Hexanon 2.0/50mm lens and the
automatic flash (GN 18 - no TTL metering, but flash-ready indication in the
viewfinder and is lighting very even). I have shot not more than four films
with it, and the manufacturer's warranty is valid until 5/2001.

List price is 2,000 Euro, I ask 1,300 Euro for the set.

Marcus
Dr. Marcus Hanke
University Assistant
Institute for Legal History and Canon Law
Faculty of Law
Salzburg University
Churfuerststr. 1
A-5010 Salzburg