Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V17 #290
From: Jesse Hellman <palio@miata.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 22:11:40 -0400

Yes, I think the 0.85 M6 is worth it for stage photography. I too do a
good deal of it, and found that my focusing accuracy improved,
particularly with the 90 F/2 and135 F/2.8. The 2.8 has "eyes" that
increase the magnification so that the 135 image can use the 90
framelines (which it brings up). I never thought that the 135 2.8 was
really good until I got the 0.85 - the focus was usually off. This lens
is not expensive used, as Leica things go.

Actually, I had a 50 Summilux (the older mount only focused to one
meter) but sold it for a Summicron because the exra stop was not as
important as the ability to get close - I often wanted to get closer for
portraits. I really love my 0.85 with the 50, and take most of my
pictures with that combination. I use the 0.72 for the wider lenses, and
usually use two bodies.

Most of my work is B andW - for on stage and candids backstage I use
Kodak P3200 at 1600.

Jesse Hellman