Subject: Re: [Leica] Street photography
From: rnkramer@mindspring.com
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 20:41:45 -0400

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Erwin Puts" <imxputs@knoware.nl>
Sent: Sunday, July 30, 2000 3:34 PM

> My state of mental health has been questioned when I cited that the
> Rolleiflex and the Speed Graphlex were good instruments for outstanding
> street and documentary photography.

Actually Erwin, you said these cameras were the *best*, which I don't agree
with at all.  Of course they are fine cameras, and many excellent images
have been made with them.  But many great images have been shot with all
sorts of cameras.   Just because certain photographers excelled with certain
equipment doesn't mean that the equipment is the best.

But when you get right down to it, the best camera is the one that has your
finger on it's shutter release!  Photography is about taking pictures, not
sitting around arguing about what was the best camera ever made!

BK

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> ([Leica] Re: Learning to develop and print for myself)