Subject: [Leica] Thanks, everyone - WAS Exposing Tri-x at 320
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 06:06:43 -0400

Just wanted to drop a note to say thank you to all who responded to my post
on how to process Tri-X.  I've learned a great deal here.

In four hours, I begin a weekend workshop on b&w developing and printing.
I've decided to hold on to my rolls of processed Tri-X and develop them
myself (at least then I've got no one else to blame if I don't get the
results I want).  By the way, I did call my lab and asked what they use to
process b&w: Ilford Dip n' Dunk, whatever that is.

I also purchased a copy of Ansel Adam's _The Negative_ (thanks Eric and
others who suggested this) and began pouring through it last night.  This is
fascinating stuff.

I was up nearly half the night cataloguing and studying the negatives and
prints I've had processed so far (I've only been shooting b&w since I bought
the Leica, about 3 months ago).  It's interesting to see the effect of
light, exposure, and processing on these photos.  I'm learning to see (and
"visualize," as Adams says) in new ways.

Many thanks to you all.

Dan