Subject: [Leica] Friday good and cheap sale
From: ray tai <razerx@netvigator.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 23:38:50 +0800

I am cleaning out my closet and here are a few goodies.  All prices
include shipping.  I can send jpegs if you need to visualize.

50mm Summicron DR w/o goggles; 147xxxx; cosmetically ex++; no scratches
on front nor rear elements; however on the surface of the third element
you can see tiny little spots caused by fungus along the edge if you put
it against a bright light; the spots are not obvious and will not affect
the photo and I have used this lens extensively side by side with my
Rigid and current Summicrons.  Recently CLA'd so everything is smooth.
This is a real deal for the shooter!  $350 including really nice front
original metal cap but no rear cap.

50/3.5 Russian lens; 5910667; rangefinder coupled; it is a light weight
aluminum lens cosmetically in user condition however glass is perfect
and mechanically as good as any Russian lens can be.  I don't know
anything about this lens nor who made it but it takes really BEAUTIFUL
pictures even using slide film wide open!  Even the bokeh is great.  It
takes standard Leitz A36 hoods which I recommend.  no caps.  $100.

50/1.8 Canon LTM; 97336; very heavy lens; all chrome lens cosmetically
shiny and e+; mechanically very smooth focusing as well as aperture
which appears to be perfectly round; rear element perfect but front
element is scratched up due to poor cleaning so it is a user.  It is
very good by f/2.8.  no caps.  $80

50/1.9 Canon Collapsible; 47276; engraving of some kind of ID number
near the mount and some scratches by the coll barrel otherwise this
chrome lens is very clean; glass is clean and scratch free with really
nice coating however there is some slight edge separation; mechanically
the helicoid can use a lube job but the mount is solid for such an old
collapsible and the aperture is as round as mechanically possible.  It
takes very sharp pictures. no caps.  $80

20/5.6 Russar; 940645; with adjustable metal finder ( the good one with
scale); like new with original front and rear caps; I read that these
lenses are Russian roulette but this one is mechanically and optically
perfect; all my pictures taken are contrasty and sharp.  I don't like it
for color though - too warm.  Since I am reaching for the Elmarit now
there is no need for this one.  $350

35/2.8 Canon LTM; 35892; later black version and surprisingly heavy;
cosmetically ex++/mint-; glass absolutely perfect; focusing a little
sticky due to thirty years of non use probably.  The black & white
pictures from this lens is surprisingly sharp and contrasty.  I hate to
see this go but my 35mm 'Lux stays on the body all the time.  $225

Canon 7 with accessory shoe for flash or finder; user condition with a
small dent in one corner; meter does not work; however it is
mechanically perfect with a flat wrinkle free metal foil shutter;
recently CLA'd.  Great user.  $175

R5 body; 1715xxx; ex++ condition except for some edge brassing along the
corner near the rewind crank; vulcanite perfect; everything works
perfectly; CLA'd last week for this sale.  $575

Thanks, Ray