Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Peeling R4 Bayonet
From: Jeff S <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 21:19:53 -0600

Miro,

I was kind of surprised by what I saw when I had one of my camera bodies
checked out at a Hasselblad clinic: The tech had a small mallet and he'd
actually give the camera a tap here or there in order to ensure the
lensmount was exactly parallel to the film plate--and mind you, there
are no obvious alignments here either. The difference couldn't have been
more than infinitessimal but it's nice to see one's gear being
"super-tuned"--maybe ask someone to check yours out when you send the
camera in for other service.

As for your lensmount, I'd either replace it or get it rechromed if it
bugs you. Chrome and nickel have been traditionally chosen as much for
wear resistance as their beauty, and if you use one of the Leica-branded
LTM->M adaptors which has a brass mating surface, you can appreciate how
much better chrome plated surfaces wear! So far as I know, titanium is
not particularly desireable for these applications.

Jeff Segawa
no archive

Replies: Reply from "Miro Jurcevic" <miroj@ozemail.com.au> ([Leica] Re: Re: Peeling R4 Bayonet)
Message from "Miro Jurcevic" <miroj@ozemail.com.au> ([Leica] Re: Peeling R4 Bayonet)