Subject: [Leica] Re: Canon RF mount
From: "Miro Jurcevic" <miroj@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 02:26:58 +1000

For some reason I keep hearing the same thing in Cannon circles. Cannon
users will say that the size of the mount will limit the max possible design
speed of a lense.

It has been pointed out to me quite clearly, by Rob, that the Leica M mount
is quite old and happily supports the Noctilux 1.0. In terms of physics it
only matters how the light is bent with repect to the position and size of
the last element.

The myth of the EOS series of Cannon SLR's is also another furfy. I often
hear that the mount was redesigned to make it possible to implement faster
lenses. That is another scientific method of extracting several new lense
sales from bummed FD owners.

A M leica and an EOS camera are available with a 50mm f1.0 lense. On the
other hand, having owned a Nikkor 55 f1.2, I can conceed that the mount is
looking a bit tight.