Subject: Re: [Leica] My New Leica! Week 16
From: bfranson@greennet.net (Bill Franson)
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 11:15:31 -0700

Hey Bob,
Nice to here from another Leica owner, Holga enthusiast! From your image on
the web it looks to me like you already figured out that the viewfinder
image is alot smaller than what you will get. Ya gotta compose tight!
Tighter than tight!
I started working on a personal project this spring with my Leicas. Things
weren't working out so I tried my medium format equipment. The square
looked better but still my images were boring, stilted. So I started
shooting with a couple of Holgas and Bang!, I couldn't believe the stuff I
was getting. There's something liberating about shooting with a Holga. A
gallery that represents me took the resulting portfolio to a bank that
collects art and they bought nine pieces! I was stunned!
Enjoy your new addition but buy a backup or two. They are, as you say, flimsy.

Bill Franson

Replies: Reply from Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com> ([Leica] Re: Dial $ for Leica)
Reply from Lucien <director@ubi.edu> ([Leica] Golden Leicas)
Reply from "Miro Jurcevic" <miroj@ozemail.com.au> ([Leica] Dial $ for Leica)