Subject: [Leica] underexposed Velvia
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 07:32:28 -0400

Philip,
    The first thing I would do is remove a slide from it mount and inspect
the edge markings (frame number, film name, etc.)  against a properly
exposed transparency.
    This will tell you if the film  was developed properly. It is not very
scientific, but is a easy guide.
    It  the film was processed properly, I would look  at your metering
technique.
    The blue cast could be from the UV light at that altitude.
    The only other things I can think of to damage film are...It was
severely
over heated somewhere or you had it in the freezer which can damage film.
According to the film designers at Eastman Kodak, refrigeration of film is
OK, freezing is not. I think it is reasonable to assume the greenies (Fuji)
follow
the same logic.
Happy Snaps,
Sal