Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Re: R8 or R7
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 21:54:44 -0700

Jim Brick wrote:

> I think you have explained the purpose, so far, of the ROM. But it is not a
> scam to have a lens ROM converted. There are a lot of photographers out
> there that use a lot of flash and own Metz zoom flash units. So if they
> want auto zoom, they get a ROM. Leica pretty much has to offer backward
> compatible conversion. And it is not exactly simple to ROM a lens.<<<<<<<<<

Hi Jim,

Good point for photographers who use a great deal of flash, something
I'd not considered simply because flash isn't a big part in my picture
taking. Certainly when a photographer uses zoom lenses these days, as
many do, the ROM /flash synchronization makes a more efficient tool of
the flash than without.

ted