Subject: Re: [Leica] To ROM or not to ROM
From: Doug Herr <>
Date: 26 Jul 2000 17:58:24 -0700

On Wed, 26 July 2000, Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> Miro,
> I own two Leica SLRs: an R8 and a Leicaflex SL. If I buy a ROM lens I can only
> use it on the R8; with a 3-cam lens I can use it on both bodies. Hence, I prefer
> 3-cam lenses and only buy ROM lenses if I really want the optic and the 3-cam
> version is not available (e.g. 35-70mm Vario Elmar and 100mm Apo Macro Elmarit).
> Whenever I have a choice, I go for 3 cams. I suspect I am not the only one in
> this situation.
> Nathan

Are you thinking only of new equipment?  The 100 APO Macro was available with all 3 metering cams at one time.  I have one.  This lens ought to be available used as a 3-cam.

Doug Herr
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!
 250 FREE hours! Sign-on Now!

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <> (Re: [Leica] To ROM or not to ROM)