Subject: Re: [Leica] Peeling R4 Bayonet
From: CapsTeeth@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 17:00:13 EDT

In a message dated 7/26/00 1:31:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
sdmp007@pressroom.com writes:

<< CapsTeeth,
     Changing the bayonet mount yourself withOUT having the proper
 calibration tools is foolish. The flange distances are critical for sharp
 focus. >>

I've never changed an R lensmount, but I've done several Nikons and Leica M's
and the mounts fit flush with the body casings with and the screws tighten
into their threads until they are tight, just like rear lensmounts.  There
aren't any provisions for "calibration".  I checked with Fargo Enterprises
and they didn't seem to know what a "lens mount calibration tool" was.
Perhaps Leica R cameras are different.

Replies: Reply from Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net> (Re: [Leica] Peeling R4 Bayonet)