Subject: RE: [Leica] The quintessence of Leica photography?
From: "Bergman, Mark A." <mabergm@nppd.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 11:02:55 -0500

I find your analogy on Digitial music interesting.  People who really enjoy
audio still claim tubes are better than transistors.  I have an internet
friend who owns a music store that sells nothing but analog equipment.
Would you like to buy a tube CD player for around $10,000?

My analogy is good wine.  I like beer.  Cold is better. Adams is better than
Budweiser is better than Busch.  Given where I am and how much cash I have I
will drink any of the above warm or cold.  When I drink wine (and friends
have bought me good wine) I can't tell the difference between Mogan David
20/20 and the $200 a bottle stuff.

However because I can't tell the difference (or even care) it doesn't mean
that Mogan David is the same as the $200 bottle.