Subject: RE: [Leica] The quintessence of Leica photography?
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 08:55:20 -0400

> I had just received a Fuji
> digital camera for fathers day.  It is the latest version with 4.3
million
> pixels.

Actually, it does not have 4.3 million pixels...you have to read carefully.
 It has a 4.3M output file size!  The sensor is, I believe, 3.2M pixels
(?)...but their documentation does not say the actual sensor number of
pixels...it is interpolated data inside the camera...to get from the lower
sensor size to the larger 'file' size.

I have one, and I like it a lot, but just didn't want mis-information to
slip by here un-noticed ;-)