Subject: [Leica] Leica or B+W Filters
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 06:51:42 +0000

Dante A Stella wrote:

>There's nothing wrong with Hoya glass.

Dante,
I beg to differ.  When in a hurry, after damaging a Tiffen FLD last
year,  I bought a replacement Hoya (it was all I could find in San
Diego--they are cheap so stores stock 'em) and jetted off to shoot job
in Atlanta without testing.  The frames shot with the Hoya (as compared
to the Tiffens on other lenses) where so far off color that I had to
return to Atlanta to reshoot part of the job.

Hoyas will never touch my cameras again!  I tried to reach Hoya and rep,
but neither returned phone calls.  I wanted my money back.  So do me and
yourselves a favor--don't buy Hoya, even in desparation.

donal
Donal Philby
San Diego
www.donalphilby.com